Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thanksters or Cranksters?

"The great purpose in life is not to stay alive, but to magnify - whether by life or by death - the One who created us and died for us and lives as Lord of all forever, Jesus Christ."
- The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God, pg 9, by John Piper

Above my kitchen sink, I have a spiral 3X5 card notebook in which I have written various Scripture passages and quotes I want to think on as I do my dishes.  The above quote is currently the one I have it opened to. As is often the case, when I am chewing on a quote, God will lay open from many sources things that relate or add light to the thought.  This morning, I read a few short chapters from Loving the Little Years, by Rachel Jankovic...one was titled "Thanksters and Cranksters."  Which of these two labels is characteristically true of me?  Of you?  What magnifies our Lord?  

Let us aim to be "thanksters" today, and to magnify God in our every circumstance, whether by life or by death.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I needed that kick in the seat! lol
    I confess that lately my thoughts (therefore my words) have been more on the crankster side. I need to change that. Thanks for this post and good reminder to glorify God in all things.

    ReplyDelete