Saturday, May 7, 2011

Celebrating Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  I get to celebrate the joy of mothering three beautiful people because their first mothers chose to carry them in their wombs, labored to give them birth, and for various reasons arranged for them to be adopted.  There are many women who do not choose life for their unborn children...we continue to give thanks to God for all of our children's first moms! 

It delights me to the depths of my soul to see my kids joining up with five of their friends to form a Steps for Life team this year.  My kiddos have taken to heart the opportunity do to this walk-a-thon from their earliest days...God has given them all tender hearts to help "babies in the name of Jesus."  Last year they linked up with three of their friends to form a team, and this year their team grew by two more.  Doesn't that just make you want to dance or sing or raise a celebratory glass?  I don't "make" my kids do this...they are eager!  And they bless me to my core! 

So 8 kids, ages 6-10, plan to walk THIS COMING SATURDAY in the Steps for Life as the team titled Under His Wings. Their goal is to raise at least $5,000 and as of tonight's tally they are just about $500 shy of that goal.  If God places it on your heart to sponsor any or all of them, here are links to all their fund raising pages where you can find easy instructions on how to make a donation, and information on the work of the Pregnancy Resource Centers.  If you can't support them with money, will you join us in praying for the event?


Thank you so much,
one joyful Mama











No comments:

Post a Comment