Monday, September 14, 2009

Chariots of Fire

In the movie “Chariots of Fire,” the runner says he runs because when he does “he feels God’s pleasure.”   That is how I feel about helping my husband raise the three children God has brought into our family...with all the joys and challenges and responsibilities and tears and laughter, I know without a doubt God has knit these three precious children into our lives and as I welcome them to each new day I feel His pleasure.    

The comment has been made to me more than once while in the process of adoption that "you're getting your children the easy way."  I don't want to get into a bunch of comparisons, but I will say this:  Every child joins its family with a labor all his/her own.  For the next couple of weeks, I'd like to share blips from our story and how God brought us to where we are today.  I'll be using notes from my journals and hopefully you will be encouraged along the way to trust God more deeply in your own life, which I'm sure has its own sets of labor.  I also hope that as you take hold of whatever God has put into your hand to do for His glory, that you will "feel His pleasure" as you fix your eyes on Him.  I would love your feedback along the way. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I think it's important to talk to each other about the stories God is working in our lives, and not just the happy chapters. When times are hard, it helps to know that other people have struggles too--maybe not the same, but all for His glory and our good. I look forward to reading what you share!

    ReplyDelete