Saturday, December 11, 2010

Multilingual

Even if you've never read Dr. Gary Chapman's book (like me, though maybe one day I will), you've likely heard of "The Five Love Languages."

Dr. Gary Chapman contends from his years of experience in counseling: "Of the countless ways we can show love to one another, five key categories, or five love languages, proved to be universal and comprehensive—everyone has a love language, and we all identify primarily with one of the five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch."

I wonder what language Dr. Chapman would say is the one I identify primarily with. And I wonder if his premise "we ALL identify primarily with one of the five" is correct.  Maybe we're all suppose to grow at expressing love in a myriad of ways.  Whenever the topic of 5 Love Languages comes up, I tell my husband he married the full package deal.  I want it all.  And I like to give it all.  So does he.  Maybe if I read the book I'd be able to identify my ONE language, but for now I am just plain thankful I am married to someone who is multilingual in the languages of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment