Friday, October 22, 2010

seeking comfort in the Comforter

Yesterday, while we celebrated my son's six years...
 
we also tearfully gave thanks for the 19 weeks in the womb of my great-nephew who went to be with Jesus.  Please pray for my nephew and his wife (God knows their names and their sorrow) as they grieve the loss of their first child. For my sister and her husband as they mourn the death of their grandson.  And for the rest of the us who are weeping with them.

Father, You are the author of life and we thank you for the life You gave this little one and ask You to receive him into Your eternally loving arms.  We ask You to draw his parents very near to You that they may be comforted in their deep sorrow and pain.  Be the Light in their darkness. Thank You for Your promise to never leave us nor forsake us...Be the Comforter for us all as we mourn the brevity of his days and submit our hearts to Your sovereign hand, trusting that You are wise and good even in this bitter providence that passes our understanding.  Please grant us Your all-sufficient grace in our time of need.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Connie... I am so sorry. When my son-in-law and daughter lost a child in the first trimester - Jim [son in law] said their child rather than be born on earth was born into heaven. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Connie. :( :( My heart is breaking for them. So difficult. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete