Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Doorposts

Good morning,
    
A hearty congratulations to the Wright's who just received another precious blessing from the Lord!  May the wisdom and patience and grace and overflowing love of our Savior be yours as you begin your journey with Joanna Faith.

Our children are gifts indeed, and raising them up for the glory of our God is among the greatest privileges He gives us.  We are unequal to the task, and yet He entrusts us with little ones who we will impact so profoundly that when I think about it much, it overwhelms me.  Parenting moves me to my knees in a way no other job ever has, and there, before my Heavenly Father, clinging to Christ, I find the grace and strength I so desperately need.  We do not know our own hearts entirely, but I do know that it is my prayer regularly that God would unite mine to fear His name.  I know I am "prone to wander, prone to leave the God I love"; daily I am constrained to be a debtor to God's amazing grace...so I pray "let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee."  Parents, join me at His throne of grace...how can any of us raise our children up for the glory of the Lord, if His glory isn't our own consuming passion?

His Word is a lamp unto our feet!  I know this; yet how often do I attempt to stumble around in the dark while forsaking the light He provides?  Ugh!  Let's encourage each other in this arena friends.  Let's ask each other what we've been reading and what God has been teaching us and how it has increased our joy in Him.

God also gives us flesh and blood help along the way too.  He gives us friends who listen and counsel and encourage and correct...how thankful I am to God for the ones He has given to me!  You know who you are and I love you! 

And He often throws in resources to aid our journey as well.  I want to share one that we've found helpful with you. It is a company named Doorposts, owned and operated by a family at our church.  I have been a proofreader for Pam for many years so when I disappear for a week or so, like I did this last month, it just might be because I have locked myself in my office to proof something.  Here is a little video that will give you some idea of what they are about:

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! I used the books WAY BACK when...... brought tears to my eyes. Mine are 22, 20 and 16 now. I was thinking about their book a month or so ago and how much I wished I hadnt given them away. I never dreamed God would open the door to little ones again. I am still amazed at His providence and blessings. And I just figured out you are the one leaving such sweet comments on my blog- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks- Joanna said she loves to see people excited about her. Love this post! On my knees has never been such a sweet thing- until we started having children!!! Now it is where I find peace, comfort, energy, love for everyone, and a renewed spirit from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete